[NTG-context] Spellchecking for ConTeXt user on a Windows platform

Tomáš V awinety at gmail.com
Sat Apr 2 15:58:42 CEST 2022

Hey Amine,

LibreOffice (along with loads of other software) uses Hunspell
dictionaries for spell-checking. You can get them here [1].

Hunspell [2] is a spell checker similar to Aspell. (A Windows port is
available in the EZWinPorts [3].) Unlike Aspell, it can’t parse TeX
files. One way around this is to convert the TeX files into plain text
(maybe using Pandoc or DeTeX?) and spell-checking just the text. I tried
this, but I found it quite cumbersome and since switched to the build-in
spell-checker in my editor.

PDF files could probably be spell-checked in a similar way.

Tomáš

[1]: https://github.com/LibreOffice/dictionaries
[2]: http://hunspell.github.io/
[3]: