[NTG-context] Spellchecking for ConTeXt user on a Windows platform

A A amine.aboufirass at gmail.com
Sat Apr 2 09:23:38 CEST 2022

Dear All,

I'm currently using ConTeXt on a windows machine. I'd like to incorporate
some sort of automated spell-checking in my workflow. I've seen that there
are two options:

   1. spell check the .tex source file
   2. spell check the resulting pdf

For the first option many resources online seem to suggest using *aspell.
aspell* is however not maintained for windows and therefore hopelessly out
of date. Furthermore many resources online seem to suggest skipping TeX and
LaTeX control sequences does not always succeed. So I can only imagine how
poorly it deals with ConTeXt control sequences.

The second option as shown on this StackExchange
<https://tex.stackexchange.com/questions/42843/is-there-a-spell-check-package-for-latex>
post
suggests using *\loadspellchecklist. *However, on of the arguments to this
command includes a text file listing - and brace yourself - *all of the
correctly spelled words*. I find this both an amusing and tragic
proposition, since I basically need to spellcheck based on *every word in a
given language.*

What options are out there for someone who would like to do serious
spellchecking using ConTeXt on Windows platform, using Powershell as my
command line?

Regards,

Amine