[NTG-context] mkiv

Pablo Rodriguez oinos at gmx.es
Fri Apr 1 20:37:30 CEST 2022

On 4/1/22 18:20, Hans Hagen via ntg-context wrote:
> [...]
> So, today is the day we kind of formally freeze MKIV.

Just a comment on MkIV.

I don’t remember exactly, but I’m afraid that "context --luatex
document" hasn’t been working on my computers (either running Linux or
Windows) for months now.

This isn’t important for me, but just in case it may be relevant for you.

If I run "context --luatex document", I get a new directory
'$HOME/.texlive2021/texmf-var' created (which includes a "luatex-cache"
directory inside)

When I run "mtxrun --generate", all required files are generated in
"$HOME/context/tex/texmf-cache/luametatex-cache".

I wonder why "mtrun --generate" doesn’t generate a "luatex-cache"
directory in the same directory containing "luametatex-cache".

BTW, the '$HOME/.texlive2021/texmf-var/luatex-cache/" directory only
contains an empty 'context/d10b607aa0e9d13dde6602f491b76cbc/trees/' path.

Just in case it may be relevant and many thanks for ConTeXt,

Pablo