[NTG-context] mkiv

Hans Hagen j.hagen at xs4all.nl
Fri Apr 1 18:20:50 CEST 2022

Hi,

Normally when we're in the 2022 TeXlive code freeze period, there is a
snapshot release but because there hasn't been that many changes, maybe
a few patches, in MKIV there is no real snapshot this year. But for the
sake of consistency we can consider today's version that snapshot.

It basically means that MKIV has been frozen and is even more frozen
now. All new stuff goes in MKXL (aka LMTX) and I suppose that next year
we let that end up in TeXlive alongside frozen MKII and MKIV. Of course
bugs will be fixed as usual.

So, today is the day we kind of formally freeze MKIV.