[NTG-context] Full-page Figure?

śrīrāma citturs at gmail.com
Tue Mar 29 03:37:26 CEST 2022

On Tuesday, March 29, 2022 4:18 AM Michael Urban via ntg-context wrote:
> Is there a simple way to accomplish this?

I suppose you need 'postponing'. See
  https://wiki.contextgarden.net/Command/startpostponing
[One can specify a page explicitly, or, more conveniently, an offset]

First, we define a makeup and enable header, footer and page for it. Then we can put the float inside the makeup and wrap it with \start...\stoppostponing. Here is a MWE:

%%% start example
  \setupexternalfigures[location=default]
  \definemakeup
    [FloatPage]
  \setupmakeup
    [FloatPage]
    [headerstate=normal,
       pagestate=start,
           align=middle,
     footerstate=normal]

  \setupheadertexts[]
  \setupheadertexts[chapter][\date]
  \setupfootertexts[pagenumber]

  \starttext
  \startchapter [title={Chapter title}]
    \startpostponing[+1]
      \startFloatPagemakeup
      \placefigure{a floating cow}{\externalfigure[cow]}
      \stopFloatPagemakeup
    \stoppostponing
  \dorecurse{6}{\samplefile{knuth}}
  \blank

  \dorecurse{2}{\samplefile{tufte}}
  \stopchapter
  \stoptext
%%% stop example

Of course, I think some manual hand-tuning is required (in the final stages of the document) in deciding the right place to put the postponing block and in deciding what offset is best.

Sreeram