[NTG-context] Xml - Lua - context

Thomas A. Schmitz thomas.schmitz at uni-bonn.de
Mon Mar 28 15:40:46 CEST 2022

And here comes question 2, a very basic one: on A4 landscape pages, I want to place two images next to each other (like the spread pages of a book). What would be the preferred way of the really competent users to do this, again keeping in mind that I want to loop over page numbers in a pdf file and thus am coding in Lua. So far, I have tried or thought about:

1. Embedded xtable

This is what I’m using now, an xtable of two columns for every A4 page. It works, but I wonder if it’s a good method.

2. combinations

This appeared to be the most natural approach (because it’s what combinations are for), but I ran into expansion problems, added a few “function () end” in my code, but couldn’t make it compile. Combinations, combined with framed and externalfigure, are difficult to write in Lua - or am I too stupid to find the winning combination (sorry for the puns).

3. columns

Again, this would seen like a natural approach, having every A4 page set up as two columns, but maybe that’s overkill?

I’d be curious to know what you think!

All best

Thomas