[NTG-context] Trying to get a simple bibliography

Jean-Pierre Delange adeimantos at free.fr
Sun Mar 27 21:49:39 CEST 2022

Hi Amine,

There are several ways to achieve a bibliography. The first one is your
way, with a buffer, which you have to name it (see below : the buffer is
named 'biblio')  : you put your references to books and articles between
the 2 commands \startbuffer and \stopbuffer as the model shows hereafter
(with the APA style). If you want to print a general and simple
bibliography, you need a double command :\usebtxdataset[/any title you
choose/][biblio.buffer] and \definebtxrendering[/any
title/][apa][dataset=/any title/] after \stopbuffer. At the end of the
text, you need to define the place where you want to print the
bibliography. For that purpose :

\starttext

\startbackmatter

\startchapter[title={Bibliography}]

\placelistofpublications[/any title/] [method=local]

\stopchapter

\stopbackmatter

\stoptext

/But, as far as I know, this method is boring/, because you need to
write all you bibliographical sources in the buffer. The better is to
build a separate bibtex file with such a software as JabRef (which is a
kind of bibtex tool). This bibtex file is in your ConTeXt repository and
you need only to call the name of your bibtex item. For instance, the
book /Natural Right and History/ of Leo Strauss becomes 'Strauss,1952'
(with JabRef) and if you cite this book in your text (like this :
\cite[alternative=entry][/any title/::Strauss1952]}, you can find the
item at the 'S' letter. Indeed, there is some work to do (feed your
bitex file with items...), but when it is done once, it is forever (I
guess ...). I give you a MWE as an attached file ...

Hope it helps !

JP

[/here is the beginning of a buffer sample /]

\startbuffer[biblio]

@book{Cicéron1,

author = {Cicéron},

title = {Tusculanes, V, 8},

}

@INCOLLECTION{Leibniz1885,

author = {Leibniz, G. W.},

title = {Principes de la nature et de la grâce fondés en raison, 1714},

title:en = {Principles of Nature and Grace Founded in Reason},

booktitle = {\de Die Philosophischen Schriften von Gottfried Wilhelm
Leibniz},

booktitle:en = {The Philosophical Writings of Gottfried Wilhelm Leibniz},

editor = {Gerhardt, C. G.},

publisher = {Weidmann},

year = {1885},

volume = {6},

chapter = {8},

pages = {598–606},

address = {Berlin},

language = {french},

}

@book{Rousseau1755,

author ={Rousseau, Jean-Jacques}

title = {Discours sur l’Origine et les Fondements de l’Inégalité parmi
les Hommes.},

year = {1755},

}

@book{Rousseau1750,

author ={Rousseau, Jean-Jacques}

title = {Discours sur les Sciences et les Arts},

year = {1750},

}

@book{Rousseau1762,

author = {Rousseau, Jean-Jacques},