[NTG-context] redefining xmlsetups inside a XML document

mf massifr at fastwebnet.it
Tue Mar 22 17:07:24 CET 2022

I've added a <script type="text/x-lua"> in the <head> element (BTW,
"text/x-lua" is the mimetype proposed by freedesktop.org for lua scripts.

That element is managed by this code:

------------------------------
   if mimetype and mimetype == "text/x-lua" then
     local code = xml.text(s)
     context( "\\startluacode " .. code .. " \\stopluacode" )
   end
------------------------------

s is the table representing the script element.
That works, but it has a problem with one-line comments:

------------------------------
   <script type="text/x-lua">
     -- comment
     context.setuppapersize{ "A7" }
   </script>
------------------------------

The code above is considered a long comment as if it were written as
------------------------------
   <script type="text/x-lua">
     -- comment   context.setuppapersize{ "A7" }
   </script>
------------------------------

so the context.setuppapersize function call is ignored.

The workaround is:
------------------------------
   <script type="text/x-lua">
     --[[ comment --]]
     context.setuppapersize{ "A7" }
   </script>
------------------------------

A lua analogous of \xmlcontext (line-wise) would be great.

*  *  *

Here's another problem related to space in <script> elements.
This code:

------------------------------
   <script type="text/vnd.context">
     % default setup for paragraphs
     \startxmlsetups myHtml:p
       \dontleavehmode\red\xmlflush{#1}\par
     \stopxmlsetups

     % default setup for italic inlines
     \startxmlsetups myHtml:i
       {\it\blue\xmlflush{#1}}% <-- problem here
     \stopxmlsetups
   </script>
------------------------------

adds a space after an <i> element.
A solution could be this:

------------------------------
   \startxmlsetups myHtml:i
     {\it\blue\xmlflush{#1}}\stopxmlsetups

I prefer this one:

   \startxmlsetups myHtml:i
     {\it\blue\xmlflush{#1}}\relax
   \stopxmlsetups

You need to end the line with a macro eating up all the trailing spaces
(newlines included).

Massi