[NTG-context] Make footnote/endnote number not superscript?

Bruce Horrocks ntg at scorecrow.com
Tue Mar 22 00:20:06 CET 2022

Thank-you all - the textcommand= was the necessary magic incantation.

I will certainly use the linknote suggestion, not least because I'll still need regular footnotes as well.

And if I can pluck up courage to "move" the \setupnote Wiki page over to the new style (I don't know how to do an "undo" if it all goes wrong!) I will document the parameters discovered so far.

> On 21 Mar 2022, at 18:25, Pablo Rodriguez via ntg-context <ntg-context at ntg.nl> wrote:
>
> On 3/20/22 22:18, Rik Kabel via ntg-context wrote:
>> On 2022-03-20 17:07, Wolfgang Schuster via ntg-context wrote:
>>> [...]
>>> \setupnote[footnote][textcommand=]
>>> [...]
>> You might want to define a separate set of notes, for example,
>> linknotes, defined as Wolfgang suggests, so
>> [...]
>> You can define multiple streams of footnotes and endnotes.
> Hi Bruce,
>
> following the conversation, this might be a sample of what I think you
> intend to achieve:
>
> \definenote[linknote]
> \setupnote[linknote]
>     [textcommand={\ }, textstyle=, location=text]
> \setupnotation[linknote]
>     [alternative=serried, numberstyle={\switchtobodyfont[12pt]},
>      style={\switchtobodyfont[12pt]}, numbercommand=]
> \starttext
>
> \dorecurse{25}
> {First\footnote{Footnote one}.
>  See my video at link\linknote{yewtu.be/my-great-video.}. }
>
> \title{Links}
> \placenotes[linknote]
>
> \stoptext
>
> I hope it may help,