[NTG-context] \setupheadertexts for chapters with different authors

jbf roma83537 at gmail.com
Sat Mar 19 03:16:42 CET 2022

I might need a little more help just to understand how best to adapt
this to my situation:

One thing is clear: I was attempting to use a 'list' variable, and I can
see why that was an error, since it is headertexts, not TOC that I want
to influence.

But let me simplify my situation:

You seem to suggest initially that I could use \structureuservariable
(or \structurevariable) instead, especially since I already have a
variable to call on, e.g \startchapter[title={My title}][author={A.
uthor}]. But in the example you then gave, you made no use of either of
these.

My current setting is:

\setupheadertexts   [{\hfill\getmarking[chapter]\hfill}][]
[{\hfill\documentvariable{metadata:title}\hfill}][]

which gives me the book title centred on verso pages, and the chapter
title centred on recto pages. All I want to do is to have the chapter
contributors' name for each chapter instead of the chapter title.

So why can't I create a setups along the lines of:

\startsetups[contributor] \getmarking[\structureuservariable{author}]
\stopsetups

Then just swap 'chapter' in \setupheadertexts, with 'contributor'? I
tried it but it doesn't work. I thought it would be logical. Clearly I'm
wrong but don't appreciate why.

Julian