[NTG-context] Calling in chapter number in list={}

jbf roma83537 at gmail.com
Wed Mar 16 22:03:31 CET 2022

I wonder if there is a way I can call in the chapter number in the TOC,
although that number is not used for chapters as such. I know the
chapter number is 'remembered' anyway, so there is probably a way I can
call it in just for the TOC.

The context for this question is the layout for book which comprises
individual contributions, and each contribution has its own
author/copyright (hence the individual chapters bear a title without a
number, but the editor who has compiled these wants them numbered in the
TOC).

I currently call the author name in the TOC with:

\define[1]\SectionTocEntry{%

\leftaligned{#1}\par% title. \leftaligned is needed

\hskip1cm\relax\doifnot{\structurelistuservariable{author}}{}{\structurelistuservariable{author}}%

}

\setuphead[chapter] of course includes number=no.

\setuplist[chapter] is currently set as:

[label=yes,distance=1.2cm,style=normal,before=\blank,after=\blank,textstyle=normal,alternative=c,textcommand=\SectionTocEntry,]

And for the moment I simply use, as part of the \startchapter[]
chapter, with the number included at the beginning}.

While that gives me the number of the chapter, it does not give me
correct indentation when the chapter title runs to more than one line.
What I would prefer to do is to be able to call the chapter number
automatically with placing 1., 2., etc. in list={}.

Julian