[NTG-context] \asciimode and MetaPost in LMTX result in “Isolated expression”

Marco Patzer lists at homerow.info
Sat Mar 12 18:08:05 CET 2022

On Sat, 12 Mar 2022 15:51:16 +0100
Hans Hagen <j.hagen at xs4all.nl> wrote:

> you can try this
> (in cont-new.tex):
>
> \prependtoks
>      \setcatcodetable\ctxcatcodes
> \to \everyMPgraphic
>
> and then do lots of tests with and without asciimode so see if this
> doesn't interfere

I run almost every document with \asciimode, so I can surely test
that aspect, but I'm not using MetaPost a lot these days. I ran a
few projects and it seems to work fine. But that's not what I'd call
extensive testing.

I think compiling the MetaPost manual would be a good test. But on
my machine this fails even without the \ctxcatcode fix in place.

Maybe someone else with more MetaPost-heavy workflows¹ can test
this, too?

Marco

¹ Hraban? nudge, nudge…