[NTG-context] New upload is DOA on my M1 Mac

Gavin gavinpublic at comcast.net
Sat Mar 12 15:12:19 CET 2022

Hi List,

I just installed the new upload on my M1 mac using my usual procedure, which is to update the modules and then run sh ./install.sh (details here: https://wiki.contextgarden.net/Modules#ConTeXt_LMTX, simplified method).

Afterwords, a hello world context document produced no effect, not even a single entry in the console, when using TeXShop. Using the command line to run mtxrun --generate. All I got from the effort was:

	zsh: killed mtxrun --generate

I’m not sure what that means, but it isn’t promising. I restored my previous ConTeXt installation any everything is fine again.

If anyone else has the new upload working on an M1 Mac, or can confirm that it isn’t working, I’d like to hear about it.

Thanks!
Gavin