[NTG-context] interlinespacing in margin notes – solved

Henning Hraban Ramm texml at fiee.net
Thu Mar 10 09:10:49 CET 2022

Hi all, esp. Hans and Massimiliano,

yesterday in the online meeting we discussed (again) my margin notes
problems. A quite minimal setup is shown below.

My remaining problem was that the footnotes always used the
interlinespacing (baseskip) of the main text.
Finally I found the reason in my typescript file:
\definefontfeature[default][dimensions=strut]
(I guess I tried to solve the irregular line spacing with that setting.)

Thank you for your patience!

Now I need to adjust the linespacing and page breaking in all other
parts of my current book...

Hraban

"""
\usemodule[ipsum]
\showframe

\setuplayout[
   width=100mm,
   rightmargin=50mm,
   rightmargindistance=6mm,
]

\setupbodyfontenvironment[11pt][
   em=italicface,
   text=11pt,
   small=8pt,
   interlinespace=14pt,
]
\definebodyfontenvironment[8pt][interlinespace=8pt]

\setupbodyfont[rm,11pt]

\define\PlaceFootnote{%
\inouter[
   width=50mm,
   stack=yes,
]{%
\placelocalnotes[footnote][before=,after=]
}}

\setupnote[footnote][
   location=text,
   indenting=no,
   bodyfont={ss,8pt},% footnote text style
   next=\PlaceFootnote,
   align=flushleft,
] % footnote marker in text

\setupnotation[footnote][
   way=bytext,
   indenting=no,
   distance=0.25em,
] % footnote text

\starttext

\dorecurse{10}{
\ipsum[alternative=lines,n=random,language=la]\footnote{\ipsum[alternative=lines,n=random,language=la]}
\ipsum[alternative=lines,n=random,language=la]\par
}

\stoptext
"""