[NTG-context] help with facing page image

Henning Hraban Ramm texml at fiee.net
Mon Mar 7 21:23:06 CET 2022

Am 07.03.22 um 21:08 schrieb Bruce Horrocks via ntg-context:

>> On 7 Mar 2022, at 03:49, jbf via ntg-context <ntg-context at ntg.nl> wrote:
>>
>> I wonder if someone can help me untangle the current little mess I seem to be creating!
>>
>> Author wants an image on facing page to each of 10 chapters in the bodypart of the document. Assume that everything else is working properly for this document (double-sided etc.), but other than before chapter 1, I can't seem to get my facing page image to appear where it should!

I didn’t see your original message.
Here’s my approach, as used in
https://www.dreiviertelhaus.de/reihen/eka/lauf-los-buch/ :

\startsetups eka:normalheader

\setupheadertexts[chapter][{\feature[=normnum]\pagenumber}][{\feature[=normnum]\pagenumber}][]
\stopsetups

\startsetups eka:noheader
   \setupheadertexts[][][][]
\stopsetups

\startsetups eka:imagechapter
   \setupalign[flushleft]
   \doifelse{\structureuservariable{image}}{}{% if image empty, do nothing
   }{%
     \directsetup{eka:noheader}
     \vbox{%
       \blank[big]

\externalfigure[\structureuservariable{image}][width=0.8\textwidth]\par
     }
     \doifnot{\structureuservariable{motto}}{}{
       \vfill
       \vbox{%
         {\MottoFont\structureuservariable{motto}}
       }%
     }%
     \page[right]
     \vbox{%
       \doifnot{\structureuservariable{subtitle}}{}{
         {\SubtitleFont\structureuservariable{subtitle}}
       }%
     }%
   }%
   \blank[3*big]
   \directsetup{eka:normalheader}
   \setupalign[width]
\stopsetups

\define[2]\Nothing{} % do nothing

\setuphead[chapter][
   number=no,
   page=left,
   command=\Nothing,
   before=,
   after={\directsetup{eka:imagechapter}},
]

% example:

\startchapter
   [title={Chapter Title – here only used in list}]
   [author={},image=cow,
    subtitle={Subtitle – here a quote by the author},
    motto={Motto – here a short biography of the author}]

\stopchapter

Hraban