[NTG-context] help with facing page image

Bruce Horrocks ntg at scorecrow.com
Mon Mar 7 21:08:01 CET 2022

> On 7 Mar 2022, at 03:49, jbf via ntg-context <ntg-context at ntg.nl> wrote:
>
> I wonder if someone can help me untangle the current little mess I seem to be creating!
>
> Author wants an image on facing page to each of 10 chapters in the bodypart of the document. Assume that everything else is working properly for this document (double-sided etc.), but other than before chapter 1, I can't seem to get my facing page image to appear where it should!

A simpler solution as you only have 10 chapters might be to 'manually' add the facing page rather than fiddle with the definition of \startchapter.

For example:

\definestartstop [ChapterPreface]
  [ before={\setups{ChapterPrefaceSetup}},
    after={\page}
  ]

% which gives you the commands \startChapterPreface ... \stopChapterPreface which I put immediately before \startchapter in the text.

% Then use a setup to prepare the page for your image (you may only need \page[left] but also remember you need to stop page headers/footers etc from the previous chapter)
\startsetups ChapterPrefaceSetup
  \page[left]
  \setupheader[state=empty]
  % etc
\stopsetups

% If the page setup is complicated then you might need another setup to clean it up afterwards. In this example there is just the "after=" in the definition.

% Now you can print your images by using:

\starttext
\startChapterPreface
  \externalfigure[cow.pdf]
\stopChapterPreface