[NTG-context] Makeup on same page as main content

śrīrāma citturs at gmail.com
Sun Mar 6 06:28:24 CET 2022

On Sunday, March 6, 2022 5:17 AM mastermind_ x via ntg-context wrote:
> Any pointers on how I can achieve this?

You don't have a MWE, so based on my understanding of your illustration, I have the following:

%%% SOF
  % required for 'cow'
  \setupexternalfigures[location={local,default}]

  \setvariables
    [assignments]
    [set={\setups[assignments:set]}]

  \startsetups assignments:set
  \writestatus{variables}{assignments:set is being called..}
  \startalignment[middle]
  \bTABLE[frame=off]
  \setupTABLE[c][1][align=flushleft,style=bold,distance=2cm]
  \setupTABLE[c][2][align={flushright,lohi}]
  \bTR
    \bTD \externalfigure[cow][height=2cm] \eTD
    \bTD \doiftextelse{\getvariable{assignments}{date}}{\getvariable{assignments}{date}}{\date} \eTD
  \eTR
  \bTR
    \bTD Course: \getvariable{assignments}{code} \eTD
    \bTD \getvariable{assignments}{assignment} \eTD
  \eTR
  \bTR
    \bTD Name \eTD
    \bTD \getvariable{assignments}{name} \eTD
  \eTR
  \bTR
    \bTD Class \eTD
    \bTD \getvariable{assignments}{class} \eTD
  \eTR
  \eTABLE
  \stopalignment
  \stopsetups

  \starttext
  \setvariables
    [assignments]
    [code={AB1234},
    date={January 1, 2038},
    assignment={whatever},
    name={the name},
    class={1970}]
  \input tufte

  \page
  \setvariables
    [assignments]
    [code={AB1234},
    date=,
    assignment={whatever},
    name={the name},
    class={2038}]
  \input knuth
  \stoptext
%%% EOF

Essentially, variables in ConTeXt has a nice set key which can be made to trigger anything when the variables are set. So you can give it a setup to do whatever you want by just saying
\setvariables[assignments][...]
wherever in the document you desire. See here for an example [there is also a 'reset' key]:
	https://wiki.contextgarden.net/Setups

[Since you said 'framed assignment box' you can enable the frames of the cell you want, and change formatting as needed]

Sreeram