[NTG-context] Odd Font Behavior in startstop Group

śrīrāma citturs at gmail.com
Sun Feb 6 08:34:08 CET 2022

On Sunday, February 6, 2022 12:58:06 AM IST Michael Urban via ntg-context
wrote:
> Do I need a newer version of ConTeXt, or am I doing something wrong?
> Fonts in ConTeXt are always perilous, alas.  For me, anyway.

(pre)loading the typescripts 'fixes' the issue.
	\usebodyfont[termes]

See below a modified version of your MWE:

\definefallbackfamily[story][serif][notoserif]
[range={greekandcoptic,greekextended},force=yes]
\definefontfamily[story][serif][TeX Gyre Schola]
\definefontfamily[story][sans][modern]
\definefontfamily[story][mono][modern]
\definefontfamily[story][mm][TeX Gyre Pagella Math]
\setupbodyfont[story,11pt]
\usebodyfont[termes]

\definestartstop
    [blockquote]
    [before={\blank\startnarrower\setupwhitespace[2pt]\setupindenting[none]},
     style={\switchtobodyfont[termes]},
     after={\stopnarrower\blank\indenting[next]}]

\starttext
\input knuth

    \startblockquote
    \input knuth