[NTG-context] XMP metadata schema yields invalid PDF/A

luigi scarso luigi.scarso at gmail.com
Fri Feb 4 22:36:40 CET 2022

On Fri, Feb 4, 2022 at 10:26 PM Hans Hagen via ntg-context <
ntg-context at ntg.nl> wrote:

> On 2/4/2022 7:29 PM, Karl Pettersson via ntg-context wrote:
> > Hi
> >
> > PDF/A files generated using ConTeXt fail validation with veraPDF, and
> > the reason seems to be that the dc:description metadata is defined with
> > the wrong type in the embedded XMP extension schema.
> >

> https://tex.stackexchange.com/questions/632380/generate-pdf-a-with-context
> >
> > https://github.com/veraPDF/veraPDF-library/issues/1224
> >
> > I can reproduce the problem using TeX Live 2021 (MkIV 2021.03.05). The
> > definition seems to be controlled by this code.
> >

> https://source.contextgarden.net/tex/context/base/mkiv/lpdf-pua.xml?search=rdf#l81

> so "dc:description" is not permitted? it is mentioned in
>

> https://www.dublincore.org/specifications/dublin-core/dcmi-terms/#http://purl.org/dc/elements/1.1/description

and also in XMPSpecificationPart1.pdf

https://github.com/adobe/XMP-Toolkit-SDK/tree/main/docs

 dc:description

Language
Alternative

DCMI definition: An account of the resource.
XMP addition: XMP usage is a list of textual descriptions of the content of
the
resource, given in various languages.

--
luigi