[NTG-context] How to stop \placefigure from floating off to some other page?

Joel uaru99 at yahoo.com
Sat Jan 29 22:30:17 CET 2022

When I used `\placefigure`, ConTeXt often puts the figure on a completely different page, my readership of young students is getting confused where the image is. How can I have all of my `\placefigure` in the entire document appear exactly where called, even if that means having to place it on a new page with lots of space before it or even a new page afterwards? I need it to show up in the order it was called. I think `\setupexternalfigures[location=]` should provide the solution, but cann't figure what is the correct location, I'm not seeing that in the manual anywhere.