[NTG-context] OT world history: other measuring systems?

jbf roma83537 at gmail.com
Wed Jan 26 22:07:40 CET 2022

Just be careful, though (writing as a native English speaker), because
the word 'polymath' for English speaker is not a reference to
mathematicians at all. (Greek/mathē/ means 'learning' not mathematics).
Translators are well aware of the danger of homonyms, and if you go for
a title like Manual for Polymathematicians, then the word is being
wrongly used. There is a word 'polymath' in English, but not
'polymathematician', unless of course you make it clear that it is
merely a play on words. But personally, I'd avoid that.

Julian