[NTG-context] Counter names

Joaquín Ataz López jal at um.es
Thu Jan 20 14:24:25 CET 2022

Good morning to all. I would like to ask where I can find information
about the name of the different counters that are handled in ConTeXt, in
order to manipulate them manually.

I guess the number of internal ConTeXt counters will be tremendous. But
I would like to know what the "most common" counters are called, for
example the ones that control the different structural units (chapter,
section...) or the elements of a structured list, etc.

I have tried to apply \incrementcounter or \decrementcounter to some
counters that also exist in TeX as, for example, chapter, section... but
I don't get any result.

Thanks in advance for your answers

Joaquín