[NTG-context] How to create an index that refers to multiple other books?

Henning Hraban Ramm texml at fiee.net
Tue Jan 18 15:39:20 CET 2022

Am 18.01.22 um 14:27 schrieb Joel via ntg-context:
> One possible solution I see, since the textbooks and workbooks share the
> same macros, formatting, fonts, etc. is to just render them as a single
> file, resetting the page number at the start of each new book, then
> later use pdfjam to split the files, but I'm not sure how the index
> could tell readers which of the five "page 5's" (for example) the index
> is referring to. --Joel

In this case, you could use \part per workbook and use
pageprefixsegments in \setupregister to add the part number in front of
the page number.

Otherwise, I guess it would be possible to read the .tuc files of the
other products to create index entries. (Some Lua programming; shouldn’t
bee too hard, but still way over my head.)

Hraban