[NTG-context] How to achieve true double space text in ConTeXt?

Wolfgang Schuster wolfgang.schuster.lists at gmail.com
Mon Jan 17 17:40:07 CET 2022

Joel via ntg-context schrieb am 17.01.2022 um 17:18:
> I need to display one article within my book that is in double space,
> like what is a basic requirement in US colleges for turning in papers.
> Basically, I need readers to have lots of space above the text to be
> able to write some notes above every line.
>
> This is a line of text.
> % <-- here is the space between lines
> % <-- this space here is as tall as a line of text.
> % <-- here is the next space between lines
> This is the next visible line of text.
>
> The closest I can get is the "big" setting in `\setupinterlinespace`,
> but it isn't big enough. I've also tried manual measurements in cm, but
> I have no idea which setting is typographically good.
>
> \setupinterlinespace[on, big]
>      \startlinenumbering
>          \input article
>      \stoplinenumbering
> \setupinterlinespace[off]
>
> How can I achieve double space text in ConTeXt?

The \setupinterlinspace accepts also numbers to choose a multiple of the
default distance or you pass a dimension where you set a fixed value for
the distance between the baselines.

%%%% begin example
\showgrid

\starttext

\samplefile{lorem}

\page

\start \setupinterlinespace[2]% 2 lines, also possible: 1.5, 3, ...
\samplefile{lorem}\par
\stop

\page

\start \setupinterlinespace[line=5.6ex]% also possible:
\setupinterlinespace[5.6ex]
\samplefile{lorem}\par
\stop

\stoptext