[NTG-context] How to troubleshoot why my document begins with a blank page?

Wolfgang Schuster wolfgang.schuster.lists at gmail.com
Mon Jan 17 17:31:28 CET 2022

Joel via ntg-context schrieb am 17.01.2022 um 17:11:
> I created a book that strangely renders with an entirely blank page.
> There are tons and tons of macros, in dozens of files defined before the
> document starts, but the document itself starts quite simply with a
> title page set inside \startfrontmatter. How can I identify what types
> of preamble information would be causing an entire blank page to render
> before the document even begins?
>
> This minimum working example won't show me the error, but it does show I
> simply have \starttext followed by my title and nothing is between that
> should be rendering an entire blank page.

It's possible you have something in your setups which produces text
which isn't visible in the PDF because no font was loaded at this point,
run my example below to see the effect.

To find the problem in your setup first create a new document where you
use something simple like in my example as content but add you complete
setups before \starttext. When this is done you can comment (or delete)
parts of the setup until the empty page disappears.

%%%% begin example
hidden text

\starttext

\startstandardmakeup