[NTG-context] Simpleslides and LMTX

Otared Kavian otared at gmail.com
Mon Jan 17 14:59:02 CET 2022

Hi Aditya and Thomas,

Following the hint given by Thomas about fixing the behaviour of the visual counter in the simpleslides module, I tried all the possible styles and found that once the PageNumber is changed into RealPageNumber in the
	s-simpleslides-*.tex
style files. All the styles work fine unless three of them which I describe below.
I don’t know how the modules are maintained on the wiki or elsewhere, but if you wish I can send you privately the files where I have changed PageNumber to RealPageNumber so that the simpleslides module can be used ot of the box with LMTX.

Best regards: Otared
PS: Here are the issues with the three styles which don’t work properly:

• BigNumber: for the style to be typeset,  one has to modify the part where BigNumberFont is defined

%\beginOLDTEX
%\loadmapfile[qhv-ec.map]
%\definefontsynonym  [BigNumberFont] [ec-qhvb]
%\endOLDTEX
%
%\beginXETEX
%\loadmapfile[qhv-ec.map]
%\definefontsynonym  [BigNumberFont] [ec-qhvb]
%\endXETEX
%
%\beginLUATEX
\definefontsynonym  [BigNumberFont] [name:texgyreherosbold]
%\endLUATEX

Then the file « example.tex » can be typeset, but the big numbers shown are always 1.

• Embossed: for the style to be typeset, one has to modify the part where EmbossedFont is defined

%\beginOLDTEX
%\loadmapfile[qhv-ec.map]
%\definefontsynonym [Embossed] [ec-qhvb]
%\endOLDTEX
%
%\beginXETEX
%\loadmapfile[qhv-ec.map]
%\definefontsynonym [Embossed] [ec-qhvb]
%\endXETEX
%
%\beginLUATEX
\definefontsynonym [Embossed] [name:texgyreherosbold]
%\endLUATEX

• SideToc: the file example.tex can be typeset with this style, but all pages come out in black… the text cannot be seen.