[NTG-context] new upload

Hans Hagen j.hagen at xs4all.nl
Sat Jan 15 17:26:44 CET 2022

On 1/15/2022 4:16 PM, Fabrice Couvreur via ntg-context wrote:
> Hi Hans
> I just updated lmtx and this macro does not work although it did before.
> On the other hand, no problem with context.
> Thanks.
> Fabrice
>
>   \protected\def\e#1{\math{{\rm e}^{#1}}\autoinsertnextspace}
>
> \starttext
> \startformula
> \e{a+b}
> \stopformula
> \stoptext
if the test suite doesn't crash (i only test that) i'll upload ... it
has to do with decoupling some in the engine: tex uses lots of shifting,
cheating on dimensions and displacements that relate to (older) fonts
and for the purpose of tracing i changed some ... so we're seeing a side
effect of that

for a while we already have this:

\tracingmath2\tracingonline2

just to give an idea what enters tex's math machinery

5:7: > \inlinemath=
5:7: \displaystyle
5:7: \mathord
5:7: .\nucleus
5:7: ..\mathchar (fam="0,char="65)
5:7: .\superscript
5:7: ..\mathlist
5:7: ...\mathord
5:7: ....\nucleus
5:7: .....\mathchar (fam="0,char="61)
5:7: ...\mathbin
5:7: ....\nucleus
5:7: .....\mathchar (fam="0,char="2B)
5:7: ...\mathord
5:7: ....\nucleus
5:7: .....\mathchar (fam="0,char="62)

i'll upload a fixed version

fwiw: \frac and friends are currently being redone; for that we now have
a frac class (as well as rad), so

   \mathfrac{...}
   \mathrad{...}

in addition to \mathord etc other new things are

   \beginmathgroup ... \endmathgroup

that permits better local settings without messing up the spacing due to
classes and we have dozens more spacing class variables ... all waiting
to be used (some features are already there for more than a year but now
get used in low level code, which is why we can expect some instabilities)