[NTG-context] Changed behavior from \convertnumber{arabicdecimals}{..} as a textcommand for note

Hans Hagen j.hagen at xs4all.nl
Sat Jan 15 14:39:16 CET 2022

On 1/15/2022 3:03 AM, musa furber via ntg-context wrote:
> This week I updated ConTeXt minimals. Before then, I used the following
> code so that footnotes to Arabic passages would have parenthesis around
> them and use the digits used in Arabic texts in the Middle East (e.g.
> ٠١٢٣٤٥٦٧٨٩).
>
> \setupnote [arfootnote] [
>    headstyle={\switchtobodyfont[kitab]},
>    textcommand=\footnotenotenumbercommand,
>    alternative=text,
>    ]
> \define[1]\footnotenotenumbercommand{{\high{(\convertnumber{arabicdecimals}{#1})}}}
>
> Since the update, for the 123rd footnote, I now get `(123arabic)`
> instead of `(١٢٣)`.
>
> Elsewhere, I do get the expected output (i.e. `١٢٣٢`) when calling
> \convertnumber{arabicdecimals}{1232}
>
> I'm still relatively new to ConTeXt, so I'm unsure if what used really
> is correct, or if it was wrong and I now need to find the right way to
> do it.
>
> Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Next time give a complete MWE with useable fonts

   \setupnotation
     [arfootnote]
      [numberconversion=arabicdecimals]

as in:

\setupbodyfont[dejavu]

\definenote
   [arfootnote]

\setupnotation
   [arfootnote]
   [numberconversion=arabicdecimals]

\setupnote
   [arfootnote]
   [headstyle={\switchtobodyfont[kitab]},
    textcommand=\footnotenotenumbercommand,
    alternative=text]

\protected\def\footnotenotenumbercommand#1{\high{(#1)}}

\starttext
     x\arfootnote{x}
\stoptext

The #1 passed can be anything that renderes the note so the converters
sees rubish. You can see details with you add

\detokenize{#1}

in your macro.