[NTG-context] new upload

Hans Hagen j.hagen at xs4all.nl
Sat Jan 15 11:54:51 CET 2022

Hi,

I uploaded a new version but best first read this because some is
experimental and i need to sycn with those involved, so thereofre the
uplaod (too many files involved):

Indic:

- We added indic language patterns ad well as defined the languages but
labels are on the todo as are conversions; kauśika is working on this

- We also added a tweak to deal with a certain class of indic fonts;
there will be a more detailed report about the why and how by kauśika

- So, Indic should work as before but with more dedicated support coming.

Math:

- Mikael and I are stepwise going over the math machinery: constructs,
spacing etc in the perspective of what luametatex provided.

- We think we can improve spacing (more consistent) but it needs some
work and testing. Some gets shifted from engine heuristics to
predictable control.

- There will be a 'traditional swedish' spacing variant, also as an
exaple of how users can finetune and adapt to the math culture they
like. (I will likely make one for educational purpose).

- All this is done by some fundamental extensions to the math engine (on
top of all the already present configurability) but hopefully without
side effects.

Rest:

- I added a few features discussed on the list (itemize and such) which
I let others explain (omn the wiki).