[NTG-context] Solved! Itemize columns with MPgraphics: another vertical spacing puzzle

Hans Hagen j.hagen at xs4all.nl
Fri Jan 14 23:18:41 CET 2022

On 1/14/2022 8:10 PM, Gavin via ntg-context wrote:
> Hi List,
>
> I solved this problem, but the solution is a bit mysterious to me. I was trying to solve another problem – removing the small space underneath the graphic in the framed box. I did this by adding boffset=-\strutdepth to the framed command. That not only got rid of the space inside the frame, it also removed the excess space between the rows in the itemize columns!
>
> I don’t know why this fix solved both problems, but I’m happy with the result. Now I can use options for the choices – like packed and joinedup – with consistent results for any number of columns. I’ve put the fixed code and output below, for anyone who is interested.
>
> Even when I’m a bit confused, I’m glad to be working with ConTeXt rather than any other system!

% your hack:

\define[1]\mycolordot{\def\mycolor{#1}\framed[location=top,offset=0pt,boffset=-\strutdepth,xframe=off]{\useMPgraphic{name}}}

% but ... you just don't want struts

\define[1]\mycolordot{\def\mycolor{#1}\framed[location=top,offset=0pt,strut=no,frame=off]{\useMPgraphic{name}}}

% and no offset but also no invisible frame

\define[1]\mycolordot{\def\mycolor{#1}\framed[location=top,offset=overlay,frame=off]{\useMPgraphic{name}}}

playing with framed for a while alway spays back