[NTG-context] Conditional text appearing in a fixed vertical space

Gavin gavinpublic at comcast.net
Tue Jan 11 23:56:54 CET 2022

Thanks Hans! This is great. I made a slight change to add an additional feature. By moving the “mysolution” definition out of \startmode[solution], I can now use mysolution in either mode. I’d use this if I want to give my solution to one of the problems, as an example, on the handout.

-Gavin

% \enablemode[solution]

% Define "mysolution” for use independent of solution mode.
\definenarrower[mysolution]
  [before=\blank\it,
   after=\blank]

% If in solution mode, define "solution" to use "mysolution"
\startmode[solution]
   \tolerant\protected\def\startsolution[#1]%
     {\startmysolution}
   \protected\def\stopsolution
     {\stopmysolution}
\stopmode

% If NOT in solution mode, define "solution" to produce a blank space
\startnotmode[solution]
   \tolerant\protected\def\startsolution[#1]%
     {\doifelsenothing{#1}{\blank[1in]}{\blank[#1]}
      \gobbleuntil\stopsolution}
   \protected\def\stopsolution
     {}
\stopnotmode