[NTG-context] Critical Editions?

Arthur Rosendahl arthur.reutenauer at normalesup.org
Tue Jan 11 17:20:10 CET 2022

On Mon, Jan 10, 2022 at 08:06:14PM +0100, Hans Hagen via ntg-context wrote:
> I can add sanskit patterns to the distribution but I wonder: how does this
> interact with reordering in fonts? Do we need to postpone hyphenation till
> after reordering?

  If you mean glyph reordering in Indic scripts, it should happen later
than hyphenation; it’s no different than ligatures in Latin in that
respect.  But I don’t know how it is implemented in ConTeXt ...
The existing patterns don’t hyphenate any reordering sign (or indeed any
dependent vowel sign).  If they do, it’s a bug and we need to fix it :-)

  Note that Jürgen mentioned Latin transliteration where glyph
reordering is not an issue (but ligatures of course are).

	Best,

		Arthur