[NTG-context] poetry \startlines and tab

Hans Hagen j.hagen at xs4all.nl
Tue Jan 11 09:27:52 CET 2022

On 1/11/2022 3:01 AM, Youssef Cherem via ntg-context wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I needed to typeset some poetry and noticed that
>
> \startlines[space=on]
>
> Some line with tab % doesn't work, no spaces added
>
> Some line with spaces %work
>
> \stoplines
>

> Is there a way to make the "tab" render the space "as is"?
one can make the tab 'active' and have a meaning of say 2em but that's
normally not what one does in tex ... btw, there are options for doing
lines with odd/even indentation schemes

a tab at the start of a line (when it can be recognized as such) could
work but in the middle ... doable but still somewhat hackery because it
involves position tracking