[NTG-context] How to create cell data that spans four rows in a table?

Willi Egger context at boede.nl
Sat Jan 8 23:57:23 CET 2022

I would suggest not to use \starttable at all.

To me the most suitable table environment for such a table is \bTABLE \eTABLE. It gives you all kind of control over layout, dimensions, frames on and off etc.

\setupTABLE[c][1][leftframe=off,width=40mm]
\setupTABLE[c][2][rightframe=off, width=60mm]
\setupTABLE[c][each][align={lohi,center}]
\bTABLE
	\bTR
		\bTD {\bf Eons}\eTD \bTD {\bf Eras} \eTD
	\eTR
	\bTR
		\bTD  Hadeon Eon \eTD \bTD \eTD
	\eTR
	\bTR
		\bTD[ny=4] Archanon Eon  \eTD \bTD Eoarchean Era \eTD
	\eTR
	\bTR
		\bTD Paleoarchean Era \eTD
	\eTR
	\bTR
		\bTD Mesoarchean Era \eTD
	\eTR
	\bTR
		\bTD Neoarchean Era \eTD
	\eTR
	\bTR
		\bTD[ny=3] Proterozoic Eon \eTD	\bTD Paleoproterozoic Era \eTD
	\eTR
	\bTR
		\bTD Mesoproterozoic Era \eTD
	\eTR
	\bTR
		\bTD Neoproterozoic Era\eTD
	\eTR
	\bTR
		\bTD[ny=3] Phanerozoic Eon \eTD \bTD Paleozoic Era \eTD
	\bTR
		 \bTD Mesozoic Era\eTD
	\eTR
	\bTR