[NTG-context] Why mtxrun fails ?

Otared Kavian otared at gmail.com
Fri Jan 7 23:40:38 CET 2022

Hi Jean-Pierre,

In which directory (or « folder », speaking MacOS…) have you installed the ConTeXt tree ?
For instance, on my machine, I have installed the ConTeXt LMTX tree in

	/Applications/context-osx-arm64/

and then if for example I need to execute the mtxrun coming with this tree, I can say

	/Applications/context-osx-arm64/tex/texmf-osx-64/bin/mtxrun - -generate

(beware the « - - generate » should be actually two successive « - » dashes without a space between them… I am using Mail.app on my Mac and it replaces the two dashes with a longer n-dash « — »).

Of course the best would be to create an alias for

	/Applications/context-osx-arm64/tex/texmf-osx-64/bin/mtxrun

in your .bashrc, if you use bash.

Best regards: Otared K.