[NTG-context] Fallback fails for Linux Libertine O to Junicode over private area, debugging?

J. P. Ascher jpa4q at virginia.edu
Fri Jan 7 20:11:43 CET 2022

On Fri, Jan 07 2022, 19:23:18 +01 Hans Hagen <j.hagen at xs4all.nl> wrote:
> On 1/7/2022 4:18 PM, J. P. Ascher via ntg-context wrote:
>
>> % Libertine with a Junicode fallback, lib-fb-jun
> looks like there is some beta junicode two (i tried the variable font

[...]

> anyway ... these fonts are probably to beta to be useful now although
> one needs users like you to test them and feedback
>
> Hans

Thank you very much for this approach!  Lua seems like a good way to go,
since I can be explicit about what I'm doing.

On Junicode Two, I chatted with Peter Baker the other day.  He had been
writing his first version in a raw UFO file with Emacs, but recently
switched to Glyphs, I think.  I'll reach out to him and see what's
happening.  Thank you, too, for that suggestion!