[NTG-context] critical fun

Hans Hagen j.hagen at xs4all.nl
Fri Jan 7 15:34:10 CET 2022

On 1/6/2022 10:36 PM, Henning Hraban Ramm via ntg-context wrote:
> Am 06.01.22 um 20:00 schrieb Hans Hagen via ntg-context:
>> Hi,
>>
>> Maybe this is of interest to critical users:
>>
>> \setupsynchronize [paralleltext] [color=darkblue]
>> % \setupsynchronize [paralleltext] [style=\tx,color=darkred]
>> % \setupsynchronize [paralleltext] [style=\txx,color=darkgreen]
>
> I played a bit with it:
>

> \mainlanguage[de]
> \setupbodyfont[dejavu]
> \setupsynchronize [paralleltext] [color=darkblue]
>
> \starttext
>
> \paralleltext{Dies}{This}\space
> \paralleltext{könnte}{could}\space
> \paralleltext{für}{for}\space
> \paralleltext{Übersetzungen}{translations}\space
> \paralleltext{interessant}{interesting}\space
> \paralleltext{sein.}{be.}\space
> \blank
>
> \paralleltext{Dies}{This}\space
> \paralleltext{könnte}{could}\space
> \paralleltext{sein}{be}\space
> \paralleltext{interessant}{interesting}\space
> \paralleltext{für}{for}\space
> \paralleltext{Übersetzungen.}{translations.}\space
> \blank[2*line]
>
> \paralleltext{Dies}{Это}\space
> \paralleltext{könnte}{может}\space
> \paralleltext{für}{для}\space
> \paralleltext{Übersetzungen}{переводов}\space
> \paralleltext{interessant}{интересно}\space
> \paralleltext{sein.}{быть.}\space
> \blank
>
> \paralleltext{Dies}{Это}\space
> \paralleltext{könnte}{может}\space
> \paralleltext{sein}{быть}\space
> \paralleltext{interessant}{интересно}\space
> \paralleltext{für}{для}\space
> \paralleltext{Übersetzungen.}{переводов.}\space
> \blank[2*line]
>
> \paralleltext{\m{E}}{Energie}\space
> \paralleltext{\m{=}}{ist}\space
> \paralleltext{\m{m}}{Masse}\space
> \paralleltext{\m{·}}{mal}\space
> \paralleltext{\m{c^2}}{Lichtgeschwindigkeit im Quadrat}\space
>
> \stoptext
>

> I guess it could be useful for short educational examples.
> If I needed this, I might have tried the steps module.
>
> It doesn’t work with more than two versions, and the syntax is a bit
> verbose.
in the next upload:

\startbuffer[en]
     This is an english text and
     this is also something english;
     as is this.
     Not that there is much meaning in it.
\stopbuffer

\startbuffer[nl]
     Dit is een nederlandse tekst
     en dit is ook wat nederlands;
     net als dit.
     Niet dat het veel te betekenen heeft.
\stopbuffer

\definesynchronizecontent
   [nl]
   [language=nl,
    color=darkred]

\definesynchronizecontent
   [en]
   [language=en,
    color=darkgreen]

\definesynchronize
   [parallel-en-nl]
   [list={en,nl}]

\placesynchronize
   [parallel-en-nl]
   [buffer={en,nl}]

\blank

\placesynchronize
   [parallel-en-nl]
   [split={.},
    text={
     {This is an english text and this is also something english; as is
this. Not that there is much meaning in it.},
     {Dit is een nederlandse tekst en dit is ook wat nederlands; net als
dit. Niet dat het veel te betekenen heeft.}
    }]

\blank

\placesynchronize
   [parallel-en-nl]
   [split={.},
    text={
     {
         {This is an english text and this is also something english;},
         {as is this.},
         {Not that there is much meaning in it.}
     },
     {
         {Dit is een nederlandse tekst en dit is ook wat nederlands;},
         {net als dit.},
         {Niet dat het veel te betekenen heeft.}
     }
    }]