[NTG-context] Critical Editions?

Pablo Rodriguez oinos at gmx.es
Thu Jan 6 17:31:28 CET 2022

On 1/5/22 6:39 PM, hanneder--- via ntg-context wrote:
> Dear Jean-Pierre,
>
> I started preparing some examples, but first a quick question: Where
> can I find out the exact behaviour of a command option like aNote.
>
> If you define a \cNote with \definelinenote[cNote][n=3] as in your
> example, then the input line
>
> Cum defensionum \CNote{laboribus}{première note} senatoriisque
>
> prints laboribus in the text and as the lemma! I cannot see where this is
> defined (and explained).

Hi Jürgen,

it is a simple command definition:

  \def\CNote#1#2{#1\cNote{#1] #2}}

Just in case it might not be clear, "\CNote{laboribus}{première note}"
would be the same as typing "laboribus\cNote{laboribus] première note}".

BTW, for humans "a" = "A". For a computer, "a" ≠ "A". So "\CNote" is a
different command from "\cNote". For a basic sample is fine, but for
real documents creating commands that are too similar for humans is the
best way to make mistakes.

My apologies if the explanations are obvious to you.

I hope this might help,

Pablo