[NTG-context] Critical Editions?

Jean-Pierre Delange adeimantos at free.fr
Wed Jan 5 10:47:52 CET 2022

Thank you Luigi !

"Quite old" doesn't matter. The date of the wiki page from Thomas is
2010... And my own contribution to first steps with ConTeXt (in French
and not for mathematics) through a Wikibook is no more valuable, full of
errors and obsolete on many aspects
(https://fr.wikibooks.org/wiki/ConTeXt) !

As Garulfo made a quite good job last year with his own contribution
(https://github.com/contextgarden/not-so-short-introduction-to-context/tree/main/),
it may be useful to produce a kind of "howto" with TEI-XML and LMTX-CTX.

I propose that at first time, any volunteer gather documentation on
TEI-XML with ConTeXt to feed the wiki page on this topic, with in mind a
real case of their choice (which may be a real academic case or an issue
of their choice), not too tricky - or too far away of the common use,
even if, by itself, the issues encountered in academic edition in
humanities (or TEI-XML edition) are ... tricky and/or not very usual
(because not it is not everybody who try to edit the work of Romanos the
Melodist, or sanskrit poetry !).

As I saw that Thomas A. Schmitz was time to time an editor of Second
Sophistic authors (among other things like French Renaissance poets),
and few others Context users use to deal with CTX in order to publish
ancients texts/poetry (like Pablo ...), I propose in a second time a
general discussion on the topic, with in mind : What are the needs ? and
what it is necessary to achieve at first and how ?

Thank you to share your views.

JP

--
Jean-Pierre Delange