[NTG-context] Documentation about CTX installation on MacOS X

Jean-Pierre Delange adeimantos at free.fr
Mon Jan 3 03:26:55 CET 2022

First of all : Happy New Year everybody (despite some difficulties due to public policies against the epidemic !

Now my question : I want to try CTX (ConTeXt  ver: 2021.12.30) on MacOS X (currently 10.13  High Sierra), while I was formerly working with old versions on Linux and Windows based systems. Among other difficulties (like how to export OSFONDIR permanently), I don’t find the clever command . setuptex, which made possible a bunch of other commands (like context —make and context —generate). Even if a lot of things on MacOS X seem to share with Unix-like systems, I am looking for detailed documentation concerning a well done installation of CTX on MacOS X.
Thank you very much for your help !
JP