[NTG-context] How to make \def accept block or buffer as part of (long) command argument

Hans Hagen j.hagen at xs4all.nl
Sun Jan 2 12:19:13 CET 2022

On 1/2/2022 11:47 AM, Benjamin Buchmuller via ntg-context wrote:
> Hi list,
>
> I'm playing around with blocks and buffers again, realizing that I cannot use them inbetween a \start...\stop that I defined myself. Apparently, they work between \startsection...\stopsection and the like, so I was wondering how I should define or expand #2 in the MWE below to make TeX happily accept these useful features?
buffers are stored as-is so no catcode magic stored, contrary to macros

you can use \setbuffer but that doesn't solve the argument passing

however, you can nest buffers so you can make other \start\stop commands
buffers too and then do some at the start and (look for \defiebuffer)
but it quickly becomes messy i think