[NTG-context] tweaked font options in \definedfontfeature?

Hans Hagen j.hagen at xs4all.nl
Sat Jan 1 19:18:52 CET 2022

On 1/1/2022 6:05 PM, Pablo Rodriguez via ntg-context wrote:

> I wonder whether it would be possible to add the options for tweaked
> fonts (or at least, xscale and yscale) to \definefontfeature.
>
> I think this might ease the use of scaled fonts (at least, in some
> documents).
these two are unrelated to font feature so that won't happen .. the
whole idea is to *not* scale the font and delay that

the three scales are realtime scales and absolute values

\starttext
     {test {\glyphxscale\numexpr 2*\glyphxscale\relax} test}

     \fontspecdef\MyFont \font xscale 500 yscale 2000 % currentfont

     {\MyFont test}
\stoptext

when you enable compact fonts we you actually use these fontspecs (a
font spec is internally comparable to a so called glue spec which is why
it's called that way: internally stored in some wierd kind of node ..
maybe \fontscalespec is better so i might change it when i can't think
of anything to add to it -- i'm still considering adding some of the
other realtime glyph properties)

i suppose that at some point we can add a more high level command (or
integrate it better in style definitions which all depends on usage
patterns