[NTG-context] enforcing formation of conjuncts inside \starttyping \stoptyping

Hans Hagen j.hagen at xs4all.nl
Sat Jan 1 11:04:03 CET 2022

On 12/31/2021 2:02 PM, Ajith R via ntg-context wrote:
> Hi,
> I am trying to prepare a moderate sized document in Malayalam using
> Context. Overall I have been successful. However, there are a few rough
> edges for which I need help. This is the sixth problem I face.
>
> If I use Malayalam inside the command pair \starttyping \stoptyping,
> conjuncts are not formed as outside the command pair. Is it possible to
> enforce  [features=malayalam-two] even inside  \starttyping \stoptyping
> command pair?

quick and dirty

\setuptyping[style={\definedfont[Mono*malayalam-two]}]

\starttyping
മലയാളലിപികളുടെ ആവൃത്തി നിർണ്ണയം
\stoptyping

If the need for features in monospaces is frequent one can think of a
specific Mono setup (normally we have no features there) but then one
can wonder: what features to enable? Maybe adding something 'monoextra'
makes sense (as we do with mathextra)

You can anyway make a typescript that matches your needs.