[NTG-context] Asking context to switch to a different font for a single character in many places

Ajith R ajithramayyan at yahoo.co.in
Sat Jan 1 09:07:49 CET 2022

On Fri, 31 Dec 2021 20:54:16 +0530
kauśika <citturs at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Friday, December 31, 2021 6:30:26 PM IST Ajith R via ntg-context
> wrote:
> > Is it possible to instruct Context to use a font in general, except
> > for a single character?
>
> Since you have mentioned elsewhere that you have \definefontfamily[…]
> you can set a fallback font family with \definefallbackfamily[…] and
> choose a font which has the character you want:
>
>> \definefallbackfamily[mainfont][rm][Latin Modern]
> [range=controlpictures,force=yes]
> \definefontfamily[mainfont] […]
>> \setupbodyfont[mainfont]
>
> The 'controlpictures' Unicode block (≡ U+2400 – U+243F) contains the
> character you want.
>
> kauśika

Hi Kausika,

This is what I tried -

\definefallbackfamily [mainfont]
	[rm]
	[Latin Modern]
	[range=controlpictures,force=yes]
\definefontfamily [mainfont]
	[rm]
	[RIT-Rachana]
	[features=malayalam-two]
\setupbodyfont [mainfont]

\starttext

\title{മലയാളലിപികളുടെ ആവൃത്തി നിർണ്ണയം}
␣
\stoptext

This doesn't print the open box. If I remove the definefontfamily
command or define font family using only Latin Modern, open box is
printed, but not the title.

What am I missing?

Thanks,
ajith