[NTG-context] read PDF metadata from other file

Hans Hagen j.hagen at xs4all.nl
Sat Sep 11 18:16:34 CEST 2021

On 9/11/2021 2:35 PM, Pablo Rodriguez via ntg-context wrote:
> Dear list,
>
> I have the following sample:
>
>    \starttext
>    \setupinteraction
>      [state=start,
>       title={\cldcontext{pdfe.open("b.pdf").Info.Title}}]
>    \null
>    \stoptext
>
>  From a document composed with \insertpages, I need to transfer medatada.
>
> But I get the raw value "feff0061" (which I guess it may be introduced
> by lpdf.pdfunicode).
>
> How can I get the pure text value, so I can transfer metadata from one
> PDF document into another PDF document?
just use the better interface

\starttext

\startluacode
     function document.whatever(name)
         local p = lpdf.epdf.load(name)
         context(p.Info.Title)
         lpdf.epdf.unload(p)
     end
\stopluacode

and/or use the converter (but still you need to close the file)

\setupinteraction
   [state=start,
  % title=\cldcontext{lpdf.fromsixteen(pdfe.open("b.pdf").Info.Title)},
    title={\ctxlua{document.whatever("b.pdf")}}]

  %\cldcontext{lpdf.fromsixteen(pdfe.open("b.pdf").Info.Title)}
   \ctxlua{document.whatever("b.pdf")}

\stoptext

after which you enter wiki mode