[NTG-context] Proper ligatures in Malayalam

Ajith R ajithramayyan at yahoo.co.in
Thu Jun 24 10:25:28 CEST 2021

Hi,

I tried to make a document in Malayalam, an Indian language. However, the ligatures don't form as expected.

A minimal example is

\mainlanguage[ml]
\definefontfamily [malayalam] [ss] [Rachana] [features=malayalam-one]
\definefontfeature[default] [mode=node,kern=yes, liga=yes,tlig=yes, ccmp=yes,language=dflt, protrusion=quality, expansion=quality]
\setupbodyfont [malayalam]
\starttext
അദ്ധ്യായം
\stoptext

What setting am I missing?

The expected form is show in libre office with the same text and font, attached as an image

The sequence of Malayalam characters used is

U+0D05 U+0D26 U+0D4D U+0D27 U+0D4DU+0D2F U+0D3E U+0D2F U+0D02

Thanks,
ajith

NB: This is my second attempt to send this email. Excuse me if this results in duplication.