[NTG-context] Analyze hyphenations

denis.maier at ub.unibe.ch denis.maier at ub.unibe.ch
Sun Apr 18 23:29:36 CEST 2021

Hi,

a couple of weeks ago Hans has implemented a tracker that adds a list of hyphentated words to the log file. I finally managed to play with this. The result is attached to this mail.
This will permit analyzing hyphenations based on a ConTeXt log file. You need to enable hyphenation tracking in the ConTeXt file with \enabletrackers[hyphenation.applied]. Then, you can run the script with
lua check-hyphens.lua input_file whitelist.ending
As we assume .log for the input_file, the input file should be supplied without file ending. For the (optional) whitelist a file ending has to be supplied.

Maybe I should wikify this, any suggestion where that would fit?
HTH,
Denis