[NTG-context] Verbose numbers in swedish

Wolfgang Schuster wolfgang.schuster.lists at gmail.com
Sat Apr 17 19:08:07 CEST 2021

peter kvillegard schrieb am 17.04.2021 um 18:50:
> Hi, I'm trying to get verbose numbers (i.e. "five" instead of 5) to
> work when \mainlanguage[sv] is set. I'm new to ConTeXt so I'm still
> struggling to grasp how everything fits together, but I found the
> spanish verbose numbers in core-con.lua, and added functions for
> swedish to match that which seemed relevant. I'm attaching my
> core-con.lua if that helps. (My additions start at line 1418)
>
> My question is, are there more places in other files that also need to
> be modified for this to work? If so, I would be grateful if you could
> point me in the right direction. There must be some step that I'm
> missing.
> Thank you.
>
> MWE where I expect the word "ett" instead of "1":
> \mainlanguage[sv]
> \starttext
> \convertnumber{words}{1}
> \stoptext

ConTeXt doesn't use the source files itself when you produce a document
but uses
a format file which contains the content of the source files (which is a
lot faster).

When you make a change in one of the source files you have to create a new
format with includes these changes, to create such a format files type

     context --make

on the command line.

Wolfgang