[NTG-context] A Metafun-Problem

Hans Hagen j.hagen at xs4all.nl
Tue Apr 13 08:18:26 CEST 2021

On 4/12/2021 11:47 PM, Willi Egger wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Ok, changing the unitsquare into fullsquare is giving a better result, however it is still not the right drawing. I realise, that in this case probably the use of a vector in this way is not appropriate. — I have changed the drawing into something with rotating the top-line of the rectangle around the corner. If I am correct, then this is the right drawing.
>
> Thank you again for your answer, it made me see the culprit correctly!
I hav eno clu ewhat the intended outcome is but here's some code that
shows how triangles relate to squares

\startMPpage
     path p ; p := fullsquare               scaled 4cm;
     path q ; q := fulltriangle rotated -90 sized  4cm;

     draw p withcolor red ;
     draw q withcolor green ;

     draw center p withpen pencircle scaled 3mm withcolor red ;
     draw center q withpen pencircle scaled 2mm withcolor green ;
     draw origin   withpen pencircle scaled 1mm withcolor white ;

     draw q shifted (center p - center q) withcolor blue ;
\stopMPpage