[NTG-context] Parenthesis error in metapost

Mikael Sundqvist mickep at gmail.com
Wed Apr 7 10:14:28 CEST 2021

Hi,

the following code has been working before:

\starttext
\startMPpage[instance=decimalfun]
draw function(1,"x","x*sin(x)",0.5,1,1/100) scaled 1in;
\stopMPpage
\stoptext

Now (with an updated ConTeXt) I get an error:

metapost        > loading 'metafun' as 'metafun.mpxl' using method 'decimal'
metapost        > initializing number mode 'decimal'
metafun         > log >
metafun         > log > error: Missing ')' has been inserted
metafun         > log >
metapost        > log > <to be read again>
metapost        > log >                    (
metapost        > log > <scantokens> x*sin(
metapost        > log >                    x)
metapost        > log > <to be read again>
metapost        > log >                    )

Maybe I have done something wrong earlier, but I cannot see any
unmatched parenthesis now.

/Mikael